HowTo - rent and config an Battlefield 3/4/Hardline Server

Dieses Thread wurde bereits als "erledigt" markiert, erstelle bitte ein neues Thread für dein Anliegen.
  • Hey there

Take a look at my new TUTORIAL-VIDEO!
    ->
    Video Tutorial - HowTo rent, config a Battlefield 3/4/Hardline Server

I didnt found anything like this yet and i know how hard it is to learn all this... so i wrote this.
    To get a ALWAYS-UP-TO-DATE-Version and for instruktions for Hardline follow this link:

HowTo - rent and config an Battlefield 3/4/Hardline Server

I´ll update it in the future if there is anything new or i´ve got new infos .
    At BAMGAMING.NET you can find more HowTo´s like this

Ok Lets start:
    To setup an Battlefield 3/4 Server is really not easy!

Programs you need to setup/admin a Server:
    Filezilla (to connect to your Server and Procon-Layer via ftp)
    Procon (to admin/config your Server)

1. Rent a Server
    First of all you have to rent a server of this list. (there are no dedicated Servers!)
    I can only tell you my experience. I used 3 of this Providers until now (my current provider is g-portal) :
    g-portal.com +Incl Procon +- Support could be better -Crashes -NO TS Incl. +cheap (0,69/Slot at 32P) +new "cash for play" system
    gameservers.com +Incl Procon +good Support -Crashes -NO TS Incl. -very expensive (1,15/slot at 32P)
    gameserver.gamed.de - NO Procon Incl -NO TS incl -Crashes -bad Support +cheap (Incl. Procon 0,69/Slot at 32P)

I found out that each Provider got Problems with Crashes - the expensive ones too.
    If you take the expensive ones you will have better Support! ( My Experience!!)
    I stay at g-Portal because i have a old Gamecloud were i am cheaper that 69cent/slot

2. First start / Mainconfig your Server - at your Providers page
    First you need a few Infos - search for it at your Providers site:
    1. your Server-ftp logindata 2. your Procon logindata 3. your Procon ftp logindata
    Save all this logindata into one txt to find it easy.

At the most Providers you got a nice dashboard to control your Server -If not look at 2.1
    First of all rename your Server there and give him an rconpassword.
    You can also set the maps/modes you want to play. Now start the Server.
    You may also have to start the Procon server first to get the logindata.

2.1 Mainconfig your Server - with ftp
    YOU DONT NEED THIS IF 2.0 WORKED CORRECTLY!
    Open Filezilla and add your Server-ftp logindata and Procon-ftp logindata at the Servermanager to reach it easily.
    Now connect to your Server. Go to the "Admin" folder and copy all files on your pc.
    First edit your startup.txt - i added a default startup, you only have to add your servername, rconpw and Serverdescription.
    After that you can also edit your reservedslotlist.txt and maplist.txt.
    (To know the Mapcodes and Modecodes look at this file!)

3. Setup Procon
    Open Procon and add your Server.
    Now click it to open it. Click at the little book at the bottom, left to organize the players.
    at the top, right at "Tools" -> "Options" you can change the language.
    Now take a look at "Server Settings" if your Servername and description is ok.

3.1 Setup Procon - Admin rights
    To have rights with your ingame-Player, go to "Parent Layer Control"
    You should have "Plugins" and "Accounts" at the top.
    Activate the "In-game Admin" Plugin (this should be there without install)
    Now got to "Accounts". Create a new Account with using your exact ingamename.
    Now you can give your account rights.
    If you have also Admins make them their own accounts with their exact usernames
    They only need "kicking, killing, temporary and permanent banning" and "allow to move players between teams and squads".
    You can also "allow remote console access to layer" if they want to use to procon-client.
    BUT DONT GIVE THEM ACCESS TO MANAGE PLUGINS OR MORE!
    Now you can test your ingame - adminrights by joining the server and type @kill [playername]
    All commands you can find if you click at the "In-Game Admin" Plugin and click at "Details".

Congratulations you successfully setup a Battlefield 3/4 Server.

NO, no this wasnt all, much more work to do
    If you really want a professional-Server, with Cheat-protection and automatic serverrule-yell,
    you have to plan much more time.... If you only want a unranked Server you are finished now.

• 4. Install Procon-Plugins
    You have to use Procon Plugins if you want to autmatically control your server.
    With Plugins you could automatically say your serverrules into chat or yell it on the screen, you could set adaptive serversize and much more...
    To install Plugins, add it with Filezilla via ftp into your Procon-Layer.
    If you unzip a Plugin you will get the folder "Plugin". In this folder are the folders "BF3" and "BF4".
    Add all files in there into the same folders of your Procon-layer! Now restart your Procon-Layer.
    The Plugin should appeal at the Procon-Layer now,
    At "Details" you can see all informations about the Plugin. At "Plugin Settings" you could config it.

4.1 ProconRulz
    A very useful Plugin is "ProconRulz"
    After the install you can add ownmade rules for everything... (weaponlimits and much more)
    Informations how to write and add rules you can find >>here<<
    There you can also find some sample rulz you can copy&paste.
    If you dont want a BIIIG text in that plugin, write a .txt for each rule and add it to your gameserver.

4.1.1 Automatic Serverrules Yell/Say
    I attached the Proconrulez.txt of our Bazaar Server.
    The first 2 commandlines automatically yells the serverrules on the players screen who types !rules into chat.
    The next 7 commandlines automatically say a text to a player who types !BAM into chat.
    The next 7 commandlines automatically say the serverrules at the first spawn to the player.
    The last 7 commandlines automatically yell the serverrules at the first spawn to the player.

4.2 More useful Procon-Plugins
    There are much more useful Procon Plugins. You can find all of them>>here<<.
    I can talk only about my experience, i list all plugins BAM is using and tell you a bit about it:
    AdKats - Advanced In-Game Admin +Best Plugin to control your Server but very complex +more infos later
    AsKatsLRT - Loadout Enforcer -ONLY BF4! +Best Plugin to forbidd weapons! Kills at spawn! -NOT FREE! 25$ - up to 5 Servers!
    Adaptive Server Size -ONLY BF3! +automatically changes Serversize at xx Playercount +Disables idle kick until xx Playercount
    Chat Filter BF3 -ONLY BF3! +automatically warns/kicks/bans People for bad-word using!
    ProCon Chat, GUID, Stats and Map Logger +needed for some other Plugins like Adkats +sends serverlogs to mysql-servers
    CheatDetector +automatically detects and kicks/bans Cheater/Hacker with Battlelogstats +LiveCheck +Stream to 247Fairplay.com +ingame Notification +Whitelist +Sync Whitelist with reserved Slots#
    Latency Manager +automatically high ping kick +option for minimum players befor enforce +Whitelist -no option to sync Whitelist with reserved Slots
    Server Kills +displays first blood +displays Killstreaks +displays Multikills +displays Round Stats +displays custom weaponkill announcements
    Spambot +Spams messages into chat or yells it on Screen in a interval
    Ultimate Map Manager +configurate custom maplists +enable day/time dependet maplists +enable different servernames for maplists
    +set map-specific presents (to change gunmaster-weapons for example) +ingame commands to change maplist +cooperates with "xVotemap"
    Voteban +Hack/Cry Responder +additional triggerwords +voteban +votekick +custom commands +Whitelist -no option to sync Whitelist with reserved Slots
    Insane Limits -WARNING! PRO-PLUGIN! DONT USE IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
    Metabans +kicks Cheater/Hacker of your followed Metabans-Profiles +streams own bans +minimal cost of 2€/month to get api-code
    Multibalancer +good balancer +much options to configurate +cooperates with adkats
    Truebalancer +great balancer +very much options to configurate -crashes Procon -dont cooperates with adkats
    PBSSE +automatically kicks/bans players for not recieving PBscreenshots +Whitelist +Option to sync Whitelist with reserved Slots
    ProconRulz +must-have! +add own rules +much sample rules in Forum
    Team Kill Tracker +enables !forgive and !punish at teamkill on hardcore-servers +whitelist +option to use Adkats
    xVotemap +enables Votemap +Randomness customable +ingame-commands +custom ViP Vote count +cooperates with "Ultimate Map Manager"

• 5. Stream to Anti-Cheat sites and pbsv.cfg
    You need to install automatic streams to your server to avoid Cheaters/Hackers and automatically ban the new found of other Admins.
    Some serverproviders got streams to GGC and PBbans activateable with one click, but i prefer to have it on my own account to get a notification if the stream is broken. In the following paragraphs you can find my experience with BAM´s streams to Anti-Cheat-sites.

5.1 Servermessage with pbsv.cfg
    First of all you need the pbsv.cfg - there you add the streams.
    Its located at your Server at the "pb" folder - copy it with Filezilla on your Server.
    Now open it and overwrite the existing text with the attached pbsv.txt.
    You´ll see this section:
    pb_sv_task 0 900 admin.say "YOUR SERVERMESSAGE" "all"pb_sv_task 2 900 admin.say "YOUR SERVERMESSAGE" "all"pb_sv_task 4 900 admin.say "YOUR SERVERMESSAGE" "all"...
    You can insert every text you want into "YOUR SERVERMESSAGE"! The first 4 lines get displayed - 300sec pause another 4 lines.
    This is much more effective for promoting your Clan´s website or Servers than the Spambot, because with this you can only spam one line.
    Now save the file - you will need it.

5.2 Stream to GGC
    GGC-stream is one of the best Anti-Cheat sites with one of the biggest banlists. First register a new Account.
    After the login press at "website" -> "Register Server". Add you JoinIP and Port, choose your Game and click at "send".
    You dont have to change anything at the pbsv.cfg now because at mine GGC is already added.
    You can enable the ACI-banlist in GGC - ACI-stream is not required. Keep the GGC-Tab open and go to the next step with a new browser-tab.

5.3 Stream to PBbans
    PBbans is a very good Anti-Cheat site, too. Register a new Account there.
    After the login click at "Server Management". Choose your Game and click at "add Server".
    Now insert your IP and Port. Setup the "Flags" like at the Picture below!
    Keep the PBbans-Tab open and go to the next step with a new browser-tab.

5.4 Stream to Metabans
    Metabans is very cool, its like a connection for all serverowners and admins.
    You can follow other Serverowners bans to avoid Cheaters and Hackers.
    If you want to use it, register an account. Now follow BAMGAMING.NET at Metabans :D
    WARNING: Metabans is not free! It cost 2€ each month!
    ATTENTION: keep in your mind that there are much dickheads out there wich banning good players instead of Cheaters - dont trust/follow everyone!
    To stream the followed bans to your server and autokick/ban them, install the Metabans Plugin at your Procon-Layer and add your Username and api - you get the api after your donation to metabans.
    Keep the Metabans-Tab open and go to the next step with a new browser-tab.

5.5 Stream to PBscreens
    PBscreens is a very useful site. You can send your PBscreens there. Then you can easily find PBscreens of each Player of your Server. They will get automatically flagged as Hacker if something found. If you found something you can report it and it will be flagged. PBscreens.com got also a metabans account you can follow so the flagged guys get banned automatically :)
    WARNING: PBscreens is not free! It cost 1,6€ / Server each month!
    If you want to use it, register an account first. After you logged in, go to "Control Panel" -> "Buy Premium" or it wont work.
    After you have some money on your Account go to "Control Panel" -> "Stream Setup" -> "Add Server" -> "FTP ACCESS"
    Add all informations into the form. (standart ftp port is "21", standard ftp path is "/pb/svss/") Click at "Save"
    Now you get a command line like this:pb_sv_uconadd 1 5.62.103.43 **user** **pw**
    Copy the line from PBscreens and add it into your pbsc.txt
    (overwrite "pb_sv_uconadd 1 5.62.103.43 YOURPBSCREENSACCOUNT YOURPBSCREENSPASSWORD")
    Keep the PBscreens-Tab open and go to the next step with a new browser-tab.

5.6 Stream to BF4DB (BFRCON)
    BFRCON is (like rconnet or procon) a admincontrolpanel for your Server. But with BFRCON you could also connect your Server to the BF4DB Cheat-Database. More about the use as Admintool you can find later...
    Now, register a new account again. After you logged in, go to "My Servers" -> "Add Server" and fill out the form.
    After the Server is added, click at it, go to "Plugins" -> "BF4DB Anticheat" and enable the plugin.
    Keep the BF4DB-Tab open and go to the next step with a new browser-tab.

5.7 Activate Streams
    You should have 5 Browser-Tabs open now. Save them all into a Favourite-folder to reach it easily. You will need it if the stream isnt working anymore.
    To finally activate all streams, save the pbsv.cfg on your Server.
    Now open your Procon, go to "Console" -> "Punkbuster" and copy&paste following commands:
    pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use - Write the config for pbucon, this file must exist to activate the pbucon stream.
    pb_sv_restart - This will only restart your Punkbuster Server and not the actual Gameserver!
    pb_sv_uconlist - List all active pbucon sessions on your Server - to check if it worked
    Check also if the Server appeared at the websites. (This could need a few minutes!)

• 6. RCON - Control
    At least i want to tell you the difference between Procon, Rconnet, BFrcon and Adkats.
    And again i have to say: i tell you only my experience!

6.1 Procon
    + I think, Procon is the best admintool because its mostly free (inclusive)
    + You are able to install much different Plugins or/and make your own (or at least make own rulez)
    + You are able to install Adkats + his Admin Control Panel for perfect and easy administrating your Server.
    + OK, sometimes its crashing, BUT if rconnet is crashing i cannot restart it, i have to wait on another person!

6.2 Rconnet
    + Rconnet is very easy to configurate, very good for beginners.
    + Preconfigured Plugins which are working correctly!!
    - No Option to add ownmade Plugins or Rulez
    - Long downtimes at crashes because only one person got access.
    - Nothing new appeared a long time now. It seems like the development stopped.
    - Its not Free: 1 server: 2,99€/month, 2 server: 2,49€/Server/month, 3-4 server: 2,19€/Server/month, 5+ server: 1,99€/Server/month

6.3 BFrcon
    + FREE!!
    + Connected to BF4BD - Anticheat
    + BFrcon is very easy to configurate, very good for beginners.
    + Preconfigured Plugins which are working correctly!!
    + Adkats - Loadout Enforcer Inclusive (dont have to pay)
    +- No Option to add ownmade Plugins but all needed Plugins are there and the developer of the Website is creating new Content all the time!

6.4 Adkats
    THE BEST PLUGIN TO CONTROL YOUR SERVER!!!
    It is very complex. You´ll need a lot of time to find into this (and it doesnt help if anyone else configures it, you´ll find nothing if you want to change something),
    But if you take this time you are able to control every aspect of your Server. All your Serverdata are saved at a mysql-database which makes a lot of difference. You could setup different profiles for Admins and give them different rights and commands. You are able to set "Pre-Messages" which means you have to type only a number after your admincommand and a defined text appears. You are able to activate player reports to see if there are Hackers online when no Admin is on the Server and muuuch more.

6.3.1 Adkats - Admin Control Center
    If you have a big clan/community or more Servers and want to make it more easy, its the best to install the Adkats - Admin Control Center at a subdomain of your website (if you have one). With this you have easy access at all saved data of your mysql Server. That means you have all informations about each Player on your Server of all times.
    If you search for a Player at the Admin Control Panel, you can see all his ip´s, chatentry´s, serverstats on your server, and enforced admin commands.
    You got also a Leaderboard there which got the same options as the Procon-Client (kick/ban/move/...)

7. Populate a new public Server
    It´s not easy to populate a new Server. I can tell you some tricks to make it much easier:
    1. Its very hard to make it alone, you should have some friends, better a clan behind you.
    2. You should think about the map/modes you want to play, and THEN buy a server.
    If you change the Serverconfig all the time everyone will remove you from his favourites and you wont get regular Players!
    3. You have to figure out when its the best time to fill your Server and get all together on the server to fill it!
    (TIPP: small Servers, Team Deathmatch, Gunmaster, Domination are easy to fill in the morning. big Servers/Modes more in the evening)
    4. Dont give up! It needs at least two weeks of daily hard work to get the Server a bit populated, then you will see, its gonna be easier each day!
    5. DONT MISS ONE DAY TO FILL IT! Make a plan with your friends/clan how to fill the Server each day. If its good populated you need only 1-2 Players idle on it to fill it. If you miss one day and its emtpy, its gonna be very much harder the next day again!
    6. Restart the Server and the Procon Layer each day to prevent lags!!

8. identify possible Hackers at Battlefield 3/4
    I would like to share with you some methods that I use to identify possible hackers and cheaters.
    There are a few websites that I use.
    A very good website, wich checks much banlists and stats is 247Fairplay.com - Cheat Detector
    Another website is i-stats.net
    U can select Battlefield 3 from the drop down menu. Once u have searched for a players the site gives you a verdict about that player. If you see "suspicious stats" or "impossible stats" you can further investigate.
    Once a player's stats are displayed here, the site gives you option to look for the same player on cheat-o-meter and cheatometer-hedix. If u simply click on them you will be taken to these website with information about that player.
    Cheat-o-meter and cheatometer.teamdesfra gives u a percentage value related to kills/minute (kpm), headshots/kill (hpk or hskr). In my opinion a guy with values greater than 42% is quite suspicious. I investigate even further and check the mother of all sites bf3stats.com. If they have these stats there too, I ban them right away. One cannot take chances. The problem that i run into when dealing with these 40% ratio guys is that sometimes on cheatometer the ratio is 40% but on bf3stats.com it is not. It is sometimes like 30% 38% etc. But this happens rarely. so in that case I do not ban them.
    Obvious cheaters are obvious with values like 60% 80% etc.
    Cheatometer sites (both of them) only give verdict about a player once they have played for a certain time, so to catch newbies I check them on bf3stats.com
    A good method was given by Xfactor in this YT video.

For Battlefield 4, you could use also bf4db.com

I also take a look at Pbscreens.com to look for her Punkbusterscreenshots
    and Metabans.com to see if they are banned already at other Servers/Accounts.
    If you are registered at anticheatinc.net, its also a good idea to take a look at their search.

frstats is actually broken! Please dont use it!
    Thx for reading, I hope i could help you :)

If you have any Questions or need help,
    you can visit me at our Teamspeak (Ts3-adress:bamgaming.net)
    or write a mail at [email protected]

/N0c