CryoFall is a beautiful multiplayer colony simulator and science fiction survival game set in a distant future on a forgotten planet.
Basic server configuration
You can create backups for your GPORTAL server if you want to. You receive free storage space for saving your game play.
Note Please note that backups are not created automatically.
How to create a backup via the web interface:
- Log on to our website
- Click on “My Servers” in the menu on the left
- Select the desired server
- Click on “Backup” in the “Administration” menu on the left
- Click on “Create Backup“
- The server stops for the backup
- After creating the backup, the server restarts automatically
Important No backups can be saved between 19:00 and 21:00 (CET).
How do I connect to my Cryofall server?
- Copy the IP and port of your server from the basic settings.
- Start the game and click on Play -> Multiplayer
- Click on the small server icon and at the bottom left on “Add server“
- Paste the copied IP and port and save the entry.
- You can now enter the server. We wish you a lot of fun!
How do I install mods on my CryoFall server?
First you have to choose the mod you want and download it. You will receive a file with the extension .mpk.
- Stop your server and connect via FTP.
- You will find a mod folder in which you can upload the .mpk file.
- Now open the configuration files and load ModConfig.xml.
- Type in the mod in the following way. Then you can start the server and get started.
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″ standalone=”yes”?>
How do I become an admin on my CryoFall server?
First of all, you have to log into the game so that you can create your username. You will need this for the configuration file.
- Log in to the GPORTAL website and stop your server
- Open the configuration files and load the file: “SettingsServer.xml”
- Search for the entry “server_operators_list”. You can search the website with the key combination Ctrl+F
- Enter your name between the two “server_operators_list”.
- If you want to name several admins, you can separate the names with a comma: Name1,Name2,Name3
- Save the change and start your server
How do I use admin commands on my CryoFall server?
To use admin commands, you must be registered as an admin on your server. We explain how to do this HERE.
- Connect to your server
- Press the ~ key, which is located above TAB.
- Here you can now enter the admin commands, such as “/admin.giveawayItem <item> [count]”
To ban a player, you have to use the console aswell. Just enter: “/ban <playerIngameUsername>” and the player will be not able to join the server anymore.