Shiny, glittery and terribly valuable… that’s about how diamonds would be described in real life. Diamonds in Minecraft are not quite that glamorous, but they are one of the strongest and most valuable materials in the game. You can find everything about diamonds in Minecraft here!
Brief description of diamonds
- Found mostly on levels 5-12, or at various special locations
- Mining only with iron, diamond or netherite pickaxe
- Important material for armor, tool and weapon construction, as well as numerous other items (e.g. enchanting table)
In Minecraft, not all that glitters is gold. Sometimes the sparkle hides valuable and useful diamonds. If you come across a supply of highly compressed digital carbon, you should mine it. After all, diamonds can be used to create some of the strongest armor and tools in the game.
How to find diamonds in Minecraft?
In Minecraft, diamonds are mostly found underground. Often on the depth between 5-12, but also on slightly higher and deeper levels you can find diamond blocks. You can mine them only with iron pickaxe, diamond pickaxe or netherite pickaxe. So, if you go diamond hunting, at least one iron pickaxe should be in your luggage!
However, diamonds can also be found in treasure chests, temples, end settlements, forts, mines, bastion chests, shipwrecks, or village forges. So, you’ll either have to do some digging or prepare for an extended expedition!
What can you use diamonds for?
Diamonds can be used either as a trade resource or as a raw material for armor, weapons, and tools. You can exchange diamonds with villagers for emeralds, which are the actual trade currency in Minecraft.
Diamonds are also needed for beacons, by the way! Turntables, jukeboxes, and using diamonds in the firework star are also high on the list. However, most players use diamonds for armor, helmets, swords, or pickaxes. The diamond pickaxe has already achieved something like cult status as a symbol of Minecraft and is certainly the most useful use of the rare resource.
You can also combine diamonds into blocks (diamond block). This requires nine diamonds.
Minecraft Diamonds Trivia
- Mining diamonds unlocks the achievement “Diamonds!”. Building a diamond armor (or part of an armor such as helmet) unlocks the achievement “Cover me with diamonds!” on top of that.
- Before the Ender Pearl, Endermen dropped diamonds.
- Diamonds are colloquially called “Dias” among Minecraft players.
Now you should know how to get diamonds and what all you can do with them. On a Minecraft server from G-Portal you can present your magnificent diamond armor to your friends or go diamond hunting together.