How do I upload my single player save to my ARK server?
You have already invested several hours in a single player game and now you want to take this game to your server and play with friends? No problem. We explain how you can upload your savegame to your server.
Where can I find my game saves (Steam)?
First of all, you need to locate your save game on your PC. Proceed as follows:
- Open Steam on your PC
- Right click on your ARK installation and select “Properties”
- Then select “Local Files” on the left side and finally “Browse” in the upper right corner
- Under the following path you will find your saved games:
- You will find a total of 3 files here
.ark -> contains your saved world
.arkprofile -> contains your player data
.arktribe -> contains the tribe infos
Upload the game saves
So once you have found the files, you now need to upload them to your server via an FTP connection. We recommend using FileZilla for the upload.
- First stop your server via our web interface
- Establish the FTP connection
- On the right side you will see the server data, on the left side the local data on your PC.
- Navigate on the right side to the following path:
- Now load the files you searched for on your PC into this folder
- Now change the name of the file localplayer.arkprofile by replacing localplayer with your SteamID64
- Finally go back to our webinterface and change the map on your server to the one that was played on your savegame
- Now start your server
Have fun playing!