Minecraft and Pokemon = Pixelmon
You love Minecraft but also always liked Pokémon? Perfect, then the Minecraft mod “Pixelmon” is ideal for you! Here you can find and grow Pokémon in the well-known Minecraft world, in addition to the usual Minecraft activities.
Minecraft Pixelmon at a glance
- Pixelmon combines Minecraft and Pokémon
- Mods Generations and Reforged
- Requires installation of the mod, the Forge client and Java
This is what awaits you in Minecraft Pixelmon
The Minecraft mod “Pixelmon” has been around since 2012, but was discontinued in 2017. After that, however, the mods “Pixelmon Generations” and “Pixelmon Reforged” appeared, which once again brought the small (and large) creatures back into the Minecraft world.
Pokémons in Minecraft
Here, the Pokémon live freely in the Minecraft world, can be captured, raised, and trained. With Pixelmon you also get a selection of new items such as Poké Balls and TMs, decorative blocks such as clocks and chairs, and new resources such as Apricorns and Bauxitherz. Thus, these combine the features of the Pokémon game with that of the Minecraft world and its block structure.
Functions and game mechanics in Pixelmon
The Pixelmon mod tries to integrate most of the features from Pokémon into the game. One example is that they adapted the mechanics of the battles so that they correspond to the 8th generation Pokémon games. However, there are also deviations, such as the breeding behavior of the Pokémon, which need a suitable environment in Minecraft to grow up.
Unlike what you are used to in the Poké world, you won’t meet the unique creatures randomly in caves or in tall grass, but they will appear naturally in the Overworld. As a player, you’ll be able to engage the Pokémons in combat.
Install Minecraft Pixelmon Reforged
Reforged is one of the two mods for Pokémon in Minecraft. To download it requires a few steps, which are listed here:
- Go to the Reforged page: https://reforged.gg/
- Download the mod itself and Forge (directly below button Recommended Forge 1.12.2 – 126.96.36.19954)
- Install Java (if you already have Java skip this step)
- Open the Minecraft Launcher and go to “Installations“
- Click on “New” and then on “1.12.2.” for versions and create it
- The installation “unnamed installation” should appear and can now be opened (and then directly closed again)
- Install the Forge client
- Open Minecraft again, then go to the “unknown installation” icon at the bottom left and there click on the small arrow icon
- Click on “Forge” and “play” (then close it again)
- Go to your search bar and type “%appdata%” and open the folder
- Click on the folder “.minecraft” and there on the “mods” folder
- Go back to the desktop (there should be a pixelmon mod there now)
- Drag the Pixelmon mod into the “mods” subfolder
- Now you can play Pixelmon on the Forge client (you can find it under Mods) and then add a server for it!