Full of honour you have fallen in battle, now the world of Valheim is open to you and the new battle for Odin’s favour begins. But Valheim is not a warrior’s paradise, it is more like an ancient purgatory, ruled by ancient creatures. It is your task to restore order and conquer the Nordic world.
With your GPORTAL server, you can create backups if you wish. You receive free storage space for saving your game play.
Note Please note that backups are not created automatically.
How to create a backup via the web interface:
- Log on to our website
- Click on “My Server” in the menu on the left
- Select the server
- Click on “Backup” in the “Administration” menu on the left
- Click on “Create Backup“
- The server stops for the backup
- After creating the backup, the server restarts automatically
- Alternatively, click on “Restart“
Important No backups can be saved between 19:00 and 21:00 (CET).
How to upload your own world
In Valheim it is not difficult to upload your local world to your new GPORTAL server. Here, we explain how this is done
- Start your server to create the savegame folder structure and stop your server again.
- Locate the savegame on your computer. It is usually located here:
- Connect to your server, using the FTP Connection
- Upload the worlds folder (character folder is not needed) to /save/
- Start your server
HinweisIf your savegame uses a other name than “world”, don’t forget to set the name in the basic settings.
If you need further assistance with uploading, feel free to submit a ticket for the support here.
Which seed does my server use?
Reading out the seed is not complicated. Here it is explained, how to do this
- Stop your server
- Connect to your server, using the FTP Connection
- Located the folder /save/worlds
- There you find two files named like your savegame (.db and .fwl)
- Download the .fwl -file and open it with a programm like Filezilla Client
- In the first line, you see your savegame name. In the second row, you see a character-string. This is your World-Seed 🙂
How do I connect to a Valheim server?
Important The Valheim-Ingamelist only shows about 5000 servers. The easiest way is to join directly via IP in the serverlist.
- Copy the IP of your server at “Settings” – “Status”.
- Open Valheim
- Click on JOIN -> Below the serverlist is a button named “Join IP”
- Important: Please use the port with the 0 at the end (e.g 28001 -> 28000)
- Now you are directly connected with your server.
Another method is to join the server with the IP by using the STEAM-Favourites-list. Here is a short video:
Desync- and laggproblems
All data on the Valheim-servers is sent between client<->server.
If a single player is alone in one area, all creatures and object are controlled and synched with the server by this client.
Even if a second or third player is joining the area, the first client is still controlling and synching. If this players has a bad connection, the other joining clients will notice this aswell. These are laggs and desync-problems some players are experiencing, even if their internet is fast and runs without any problems.
We are sure, that the gamedevs will find a solution for this problem.
How to install ValheimPlus
To join a modded server, you have to install ValheimPlus on your client.
- Download the Client-Mod from our webinterface located in the basicsettings
- Unzip the file with a programm like WinRAR.
- Open your STEAM-Folder on your computer (Normally located here: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Valheim\
- Paste the files from the downloaded folder and replace the existing ones
Now ValheimPlus is installed and you can join your modded server
Important To deactivate the mod on your computer, locate the STEAM-folder of Valheim again and rename this file: winhttp.dll (to e.g winhttp1.dll). If you want to remove it completly, you have to delete and reinstall the whole game via STEAM.
Basic questions / FAQs
Questions about Valheim and customizing your GPORTAL server can be found in the section below.
My server does not start anymore!
In every game, also in Valheim, it can happen that a savegame can be corrupted or a server no longer starts. We generally recommend creating regular backups, which is unfortunately often forgotten.
Important!Before making changes on the savegame, please create a backup!
Once you open your stopped Valheim server via the FTP Connection, you will see your savegame files in the /save/worlds folder
now you will see two more files with the extension .old
This is a small backup of your savegame. If your server does not start anymore you can delete the .db and .fwl files and remove the extension .old from the two other files. This is how you load these savegames.
Unfortunately, we cannot promise that you can use it to repair your savegame or that your server will start again, but it is worth a try! If it does not work, feel free to contact our support here.
All consoles and cheat commands
Note The console can be opened with F5 and there you can type “help” to get the list of all commands.
Server admin commands for Valheim
|help||Shows a list of all commands|
|kick [name/ip/userID]||Kick the user|
|ban [name/ip/userID]||Ban the user|
|unban [ip/userID]||Unban the user|
|banned||Shows a list of banned users|
|ping||Send a ping to the server to ger your latency|
|Set distance lod bias. If empty shows actual lodbias. By default 1.5|
|info||Print system info as PDF|
Cheat commands for Valheim (Singleplayer only)
Important Cheats do NOT work on the servers just in singleplayer.
Note Open the console with F5 and type “imacheater“, now you can use Cheats in singleplayer
|help||Shows a list of all cheats|
|god||Enables god mode|
|pos||Print current player position|
|killall||Kill nearby enemies|
|exploremap||Explore entire map|
|resetmap||Reset map exploration|
|tame||Tame all nearby tameable creatures|
|freefly ||Freefly photo mode|
|event [name]||Start event|
|stopevent||Stop current event|
|randomevent||Start random event|
|raiseskill [skill] [amount]||Raise skill lvl|
|resetcharacter||Reset character data|
|save||Force saving of world|
|removedrops||Remove all item-drops in area|
|players [nr]||Force difficulty scale (0 = Reset)|
|wind [angle][intensity]||Set up wind|