Sponge allows you to install Sponge-Plug-ins. SpongeForge is an API developed specifically for Minecraft Forge and provides support for multiple versions. Thus, SpongeForge allows you to easily install plug-ins and combine them with Forge mods as you like. Here you can learn how SpongeForge can help you play Minecraft the way you want.
- Spongeforge runs certain plug-ins on Forge servers
- Only Forge mods and only Sponge plug-ins (no CraftBukkit)
- When installing plug-ins, pay attention to version and compatibility
What is Spongeforge for Minecraft?
Spongeforge is an API for Minecraft Forge that allows you to use Sponge plug-ins on Forge servers to combine with Forge mods. If you don’t have Forge, you will need to install it first.
How to use Spongeforge
- Install Spongeforge from the official website.
- Make sure to choose the version that matches your version of Forge.
- Then go to the “mods” folder and upload the Spongeforge file.
- Then open the Spongeforge jar file and change the name with a “_aa” in front of the Spongeforge name: e.g. “_aaSponge1.12…”.
It is recommended to start a new world afterwards, otherwise there might be complications.
- Go to the official plug-in page for Spongeforge
- Choose your desired plug-ins (and check if they have any compatibility requirements)
- Download the correct version. These are listed somewhat confusingly, but “Sponge 5” is designed for Minecraft 1.10.2, for example, “Sponge 6” for 1.11.2 and, currently, “Sponge 7” for 1.12.2. For most of you, “Sponge 7”, for version 1.12.2 will probably be in question.
- Download this plug-in now
Stop the game/server, go to the mods folder again and upload the plug-in there.
Again, it is recommended to start a new Minecraft world!
Possible errors during Spongeforge installation
There are often reports of crashes after installing the plug-ins. In most cases this is due to compatibility of the respective plug-ins, wrong versions or a corrupted “.jar file”. Here it is worthwhile to take another exact look at the plug-ins.
If you still have problems with the plug-ins, they have to be uninstalled and re-installed individually. This is the only way to sort out faulty plug-ins!