Barotrauma is a survival-horror video game developed and published by “Fakefish” and “Undertow Games”. It is set in a distant, frozen future where humanity lives and works on submarines deep below the ocean’s surface.
Basic server configuration
You can create backups for your GPORTAL server if you want to. You receive free storage space for saving your game play.
Note Please note that backups are not created automatically.
How to create a backup via the web interface:
- Log on to our website
- Click on “My Servers” in the menu on the left
- Select the desired server
- Click on “Backup” in the “Administration” menu on the left
- Click on “Create Backup“
- The server stops for the backup
- After creating the backup, the server restarts automatically
Important No backups can be saved between 19:00 and 21:00 (CET).
As in other games, it is also possible to install mods in Barotrauma. To make this work, you just have to follow a few steps and then you can get started. We’ll show you how to do it.
- Open Steam on your PC and go to the Steam Workshop
- Subscribe to the mods you want to use
- Now open Filezilla and establish a FTP connection to your server
- Navigate to the following path:
- Here you see a number of mod folders with their ID as name
-> Rename these folders from the ID to their actual name
-> You can find the ID in the URL of the Steam Workshop and the name of the mod in the filelist.xml in the respective mod folder
- Now load all mod folders (that you just renamed) into the LocalMods folder on your server
- In the game folder look for the configuration files and the file Config_player.xml
-> Open the file
- Search in the file for the following lines:
<contentpackages> <!--Backwards compatibility--> <core name="Vanilla 0.9" /> <!--Vanilla--> <corepackage path="Content/ContentPackages/Vanilla.xml" /> <regularpackages> <package> </regularpackages> </contentpackages>
- Add your mods now here within this area
-> Below is an example for illustration purposes:
<contentpackages> <!--Backwards compatibility--> <core name="Vanilla 0.9" /> <!--Vanilla--> <corepackage path="Content/ContentPackages/Vanilla.xml" /> <regularpackages> <!--Backpacks--> <package path="LocalMods/Backpacks/filelist.xml" enabled="true"/> </regularpackages> </contentpackages><contentpackages>
- Save your changes
- Restart your server
After you start the game, the mods should be available on your server. Have fun!