What is BungeeCord?
BungeeCord is a common server software (developed by the SpigotMC team). Primarily, BungeeCord is used to connect several individual Minecraft servers together. This is often used for larger Minecraft projects.
A BungeeCord server usually only makes sense if there are at least 3 servers (1x BungeeCord, 2x Gameserver).
Where can I get BungeeCord?
The latest BungeeCord.jar can be downloaded from the following link:
How do I set up BungeeCord?
Below we show by single and simple steps how to set up BungeeCord.
- First download the current BungeeCord.jar with the link above.
- After the download is complete, connect to your server via FTP connection.
-> We recommend to use Filezilla for the FTP connection.
- Now upload the downloaded BungeeCord.jar to your first server (on the right side in Filezilla you will find the server data)
- Now go to the web interface on the GPORTAL website and open the settings of the server where you just uploaded the .jar (on the screen below you can see an example)
- Start BungeeCord Server once
- After that you have to edit the config.yml (you can see the file above on the folder screen)
-> You have to define where the BungeeCord should launch from
Ex: host: 22.214.171.124:25565
- Below are the settings for the main Bungee server:
query_port: 30165 motd: '&1Another Bungee server' tab_list: GLOBAL_PING query_enabled: false proxy_protocol: false forced_hosts: pvp.md-5.net: pvp ping_passthrough: false priorities: lobby bind_local_address: true host:126.96.36.199:25565 max_players: 1 tab_size: 60 force_default_server: true
- After that you have to create the sub-servers as shown below
servers: sub1: motd: 'Bungee Sub1' address: 188.8.131.52:25565 restricted: false sub2: motd: 'Bungee Sub2' address: 184.108.40.206:25565 restricted: false
- Now (re)start BungeeCord
- For the connection to work later, the online-mode must be deactivated on the game servers, then the servers can be started.
- If everything is online you can connect to the IP of the BungeeCord server (in our example 220.127.116.11)
- In the game you can see all game servers, you can switch back and forth, etc. …