How can I choose a specific spawn point on my Project Zomboid server?
The world of Project Zomboid is very vast and the spawn point can have a big impact on how well (or poorly) a start to a round will go. Fortunately, with a few steps you can determine your own starting point. We’ll show you how.
Get the coordinates
In order to store the coordinates of the desired spawn point on your server, you first need said coordinates.
Go to the following page “Project Zomboid Map Project” and select your desired spawn point. Remember the coordinates.
Bring the coordinates to your server
- First stop your server via our web interface
- Now establish an FTP connection to your server (more information about the FTP connection can be found HERE)
- Search for the file world.ini on the server and edit it
- In the file you will find the line SpawnPoint=0,0,0
Important In the configuration file 3 coordinates are required, but you only need the first two. The third coordinate stands for the “level” (height) in the game world. As an example: When you spawn in a building, the 0 is the bottom floor, the 1 is the second floor, etc. …
- Now enter your coordinates in the line as desired
- Save the change and start your server