You are the last survivor after a plane crash on a supposedly deserted island. You’ll soon realize that you’re not alone. Native cannibals follow you, particularly when it’s dark. Get ready, collect resources, build a hut, and feed yourself regularly to survive.
Basic server configuration
Cheats and Admin commands
How do I activate cheats?
You can activate cheats in “The Forest” directly via the menu. To do so, go to the game’s options and check the “AllowCheats” box.
How do I access my server as an admin?
In order to log in as an admin, you need to enter the following hidden command from the keyboard in the main menu of the game:
After you have done this, you will notice that when you join the server, an option for an admin password is displayed. Enter the admin password you set up here.
How do I generate GSL token for The Forest server?
- Generate a GSL token at https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers
- Set the “App ID” to “242760”
- Use “Memo Text” to easily assign the server
- Click on “Create” and reload the page
- Copy the token
- Log on with your GPORTAL account
- Select the server
- Click on “Basic Settings” in the menu on the left
- Stop the server
- Paste the token into “Game Server Login Token”
- Save the changes and restart the server
A Steam account is required for the GSL Token (“G”ame “S”erver “L”ogin “T”oken). The token is associated with this Steam account and must be entered on the server, otherwise it will not start.
Do not pass on the token.
A token can only be used on one server.
Prerequisites for generating tokens:
– Account may not be banned or blocked
– Not be limited (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663 )
– Maximum 1,000 servers per account
You can create backups for your GPORTAL server if you want to. You receive free storage space for saving your game play.
Note Please note that backups are not created automatically.
How to create a backup via the web interface:
- Log on to our website
- Click on “My Servers” in the menu on the left
- Select the desired server
- Click on “Backup” in the “Administration” menu on the left
- Click on “Create Backup“
- The server stops for the backup
- After creating the backup, the server restarts automatically
Important No backups can be saved between 19:00 and 21:00 (CET).
Basic questions / FAQs
How do I connect to a server?
- Start the game
- Click on “Multiplayer” -> “Join Game“
- Set the filter to “Dedicated (Internet)”
- In the “Filter by Name”, enter the name of your server
- If the server was found, click on Join
ImportantIf you have a character on the server, click “Continue” after connecting. Clicking on “Join” will lose your character’s progress and you’ll start again in the airplane.