TeamSpeak 3 – modern Voice Communication for Gamer
How to create backups
With your GPORTAL server, you can create backups if you wish. You receive free storage space for saving your game play.
Note Please note that backups are not created automatically.
How to create a backup via the web interface:
- Log on to our website
- Click on “My Server” in the menu on the left
- Select the server
- Click on “Backup” in the “Administration” menu on the left
- Click on “Create Backup“
- The server stops for the backup
- After creating the backup, the server restarts automatically
- Alternatively, click on “Restart“
Important No backups can be saved between 19:00 and 21:00 (CET).
How do I get ServerAdmin rights on my TS3 Server?
When connecting to your own TeamSpeak server you will be asked for a permission key. This is necessary to get the ServerAdmin rights. With the ServerAdmin rights you can administer your TeamSpeak 3 server. For example:
- Set up settings
- Create channel
- Ban or kick other users.
Generate authorization key
In the basic settings of your voicecloud you will find the authorization key for your TeamSpeak 3 server in the “Token” tab.
Copy this permission key and add it in the TeamSpeak Client in the appropriate window.
Setting up your own Teamspeak-Domain
Instead of using the IP, you can also connect to your own domain on your Teamspeak server. Either you use a domain provided by us or rent your own.
How do I create a subdomain?
- Open the overview of your Teamspeak server
- Navigate to the point “TSDNS”
- Enter the desired name in the first field
- Select the domain
- Save your changes
- Your subdomain is now valid and can be used
How do I set up my own domain?
First you have to rent your own domain from a domain provider of your choice. There the Teamspeak server is set as an SRV record. You can ask the provider how exactly this works.
The SRV record looks like this:
_ts3._udp.TS.YOURDOMAIN.de. IN SRV 0 5 YOURTSPORT ts7.g-portal.com
The last section of the record is the virtual host. You can find your host in the following list:
- ts7 188.8.131.52
- ts8 184.108.40.206
- ts9 220.127.116.11
- ts10 18.104.22.168
- ts11 22.214.171.124
- ts12 126.96.36.199
- ts13 188.8.131.52
- ts14 184.108.40.206
- ts15 220.127.116.11
- ts16 18.104.22.168
- ts17 22.214.171.124
- ts18 126.96.36.199
- ts19 188.8.131.52
- ts20 184.108.40.206
- ts21 220.127.116.11
- ts22 18.104.22.168
- ts28 22.214.171.124
In the web interface you set in the pull-down menu: “Own TLD” and then enter your domain in the line below. Depending on the domain provider, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect and for your Teamspeak server to be accessible with your own domain.
Which query port does my server use?
A TeamSpeak3 server uses the following ports:
- VoiceServer-port (incoming UDP): Your Voiceserver port
- Filetransfer-port (incoming TCP): 30033
- Serverquery-port (incoming TCP): 10011
- Weblist-port (UDP outgoing): 2010
- TSDNS-port (incoming TCP): 41144
- Accounting-port (outgoing TCP): 2008