How to upload your own world on your Valheim server
In Valheim it is not difficult to upload a local world to your new GPORTAL server. Here we explain how it works:
- Start and join your server once (This creates the savegame folder structure, this is a REALLY important step!)
- Stop your server (otherwise you cant upload a savegame!)
- Locate the savegame on your computer. It is usually located here:
- There you need the .db and the .fwl file.
- Connect to your server, using the FTP Connection
- Upload both files (.db and .fwl) to this folder: .config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim\worlds_local
- Now head to the basic settings again. The server still should be stopped completely.
- Rename the worldname from (default) “world” to the name of the files you uploaded (no file extension, just the name).
- AFTER the previous step, start the server and join it.
- If everything works, you should think about doing a backup.
If you need further assistance with uploading, feel free to submit a ticket for the support here.